Studio Rules & Policies
Starlight Dance Center
Help us create a safe and professional environment.
- Tuition: Tuition is based on enrollment -not attendance – tuition remains the same regardless of the number of weeks in the month.
- There are no refunds for classes missed however a make-up class may be taken within the same month as missed class.
- Monthly fees are due on the 1st day of each month. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if payment is not received by the 15th of the month, No exceptions. Students unpaid may be dropped and replaced with a new student from the waiting list. NSF fee: $30
*NOTE: You will NOT receive a monthly billing statement.
- Parents may watch classes through the viewing windows. If it becomes a distraction, teachers have the right to close off viewing.
- Parents need to come into the lobby to pick up their children. No dancers will be allowed to leave the studio to meet parents outside.
- Starlight is not responsible for lost or stolen items. As a courtesy only we have a lost and found box, and we hold smaller items at the front desk.
- Please keep our special dance floors in good shape. Only dance shoes are allowed on floors. Do not wear dance shoes outside.
- No food or drink inside dance rooms (water bottles only). Take any trash with you when you leave. NO GUM!
- Cell phones must be turned off when inside dance rooms.
- Do not enter dance room when a class is in session. Please wait for instructors to dismiss the previous class before entering. BE ON TIME. Entering late is a disruption to the class.
Ballet Classes – Black leotard, pink footed tights, pink ballet shoes (preferably split-soled)
Optional: black ballet shorts or skirt. No t-shirts or baggy clothes allowed. Warm-ups allowed at instructor’s discretion.
Jazz Classes – Black pants, black jazz shoes. Any fitted leotard, camisole or tank top. No denim, baggy clothes or PE shorts allowed.
Tap Classes – Uniform shirts (available at Starlight) and black pants or leggings
Hip Hop/Theater Classes – Any dancewear acceptable, jazz sneaker or dedicated tennis shoe
Modern/Lyrical Classes – See ballet or jazz attire
*Optional: flesh colored jazz shoe, flesh colored foot thong
Acting Classes – Uniform shirts (available at Starlight) and black pants or leggings
- Hair should be in a bun or ponytail. Long bangs should be pinned away from face. Short hair should be pulled away from face with pins or headband.
- No jewelry should be worn in class.
- Please label shoes with student’s name or initials.
- Check with your instructor if you have additional questions.